Fritz Schminke, the owner and builder of the house, was born in the West-Saxon town of Glauchau in 1897, where his father Wilhelm was an executive employee in a textile mill. In 1904, Wilhelm Schminke met the Löbau entrepreneur Julius Richter, who was willing to sell his loss-making pasta factory Loeser & Richter. He recognized the potential of selling pasta on the German domestic market, and acquired the property and its production facilities on the street Äußere Bautzner Straße. Wilhelm Schminke had fallen ill in 1918 and could not fully run the factory with his commitment any longer. Being the oldest son, Fritz took over the provisional management of the pasta factory at the age of 21.